How To Make A Claim For A Trip And Slip

Rachel barr portrait.

Rachel Barr

Chartered Legal Executive

Phone 01264 353411


Taking a tumble when you are out in public can be embarrassing for you, but it is more than that if you are unfortunately injured.

 If you have a slip or a fall this may be as a result of someone’s negligence and you may be able to claim compensation.

 Typically slips and trips occur in shops, public buildings and in the street.  They can be caused by defective or raised pavements, spillages or other defects.

 If you can establish that someone else was to blame you can claim compensation for your injuries and the pain and suffering you have suffered.  There are many other items however you can claim for such as loss of earnings, travel costs in attending for treatment, private medical treatment, in fact any reasonable cost incurred as a direct result of the accident.  You can also claim for future losses that are likely to arise as a result of the accident including loss of earnings and treatment, on a private basis.

 We have substantial experience over many years in recovering significant compensation for our clients when they have unfortunately been injured following slips and trips.

 If you would like advice about making a claim please telephone Richard Gregory on 01264 325811 or Rachel Barr on 01264 325833. Alternatively you can request a call back by completing the box at the bottom of this page or e-mail us at

Go back

Expert Legal Support For All Your Legal Needs

Find out more about how we can help you in your circumstances by contacting us. You can call us on 01264 353411email us at or complete our online enquiry form.