Complaints Handling

Barker Son & Isherwood – Andover, Hampshire

We aim to give you the best possible service at all times.  However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided, then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance, it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage.  If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here.  Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour.  This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves.  They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, then you can have the complaint independently looked at by The Legal Ombudsman.  The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers.

The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within one year of the date of the act or omission about which are concerned, or within one year of you realising there was a concern.  You must also refer your concerns to The Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.

If you would like more information about The Legal Ombudsman, please contact them:-

  • Visit:
  • Call: 0300 555 0333 (Minicom 0300 555 1777) 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • E-mail:
  • Address: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.