Professional Negligence Claims

Main Content

Paying a professional to provide you with expert advice should be comforting. This is because they have the expertise you lack and can offer you the best advice possible in your particular circumstances.

Two wooden people with a briefcase with some wooden blocks tumbling over.


Thankfully, most of the time you utilise the skills and expertise of professionals without a second thought and their advice is correct.

However, sometimes this isn’t the case. Providing you can show that their advice fell below the standard you would expect and that you suffered a loss as a result, then you may be able to make a claim for professional negligence.

Types of Professional Negligence

Guidance for Claims Against Negligent Professionals


There are lots of ways in which you may rely on a professional for advice. Whether it is a surveyor reporting on a property you want to buy or a solicitor who is making a personal injury claim on your behalf.

If these people make a mistake in their advice, it can make a huge difference in your life. For example, you could end up with a property that is not up to the standard you believed when you purchased it. Or perhaps the under-settlement of your personal injury claim. Some of the professionals who could be professionally negligent are:

  • Accountants

  • Architects

  • Barristers

  • Doctors

  • Financial advisors

  • Solicitors

  • Surveyors

This is by no means an exhaustive list. If you think you may have suffered negligence from a professional not listed here, please do get in touch to discuss this further.

Expert Legal Support

Personalised Service and Flexible Funding for Your Negligence Claim


As a result of our many years of experience, you can rely on us to get things right for you. Your trust in professionals is probably at an all-time low, and we recognise that.

We will apply all of our usual client standards to your claim. That means you have a direct dial telephone number for your solicitor and team and their email addresses. This way you can get updates on your claim in the way you feel most comfortable.

You may also have concerns about how you can fund your professional negligence claim, but there are options open to you. Talk to us now to find out more about ‘No Win No Fee’ agreements and other funding options.

Putting your trust in another professional might feel daunting, you can rely on us for advice and guidance on your next steps should you choose to pursue a claim.

Talk to us today!

Your key legal team

Connect With Your Trusted Solicitor

Red angled paper boat on it's own showing leadership.

Why choose us

We Transform Legal Challenges Into Your Personal Success

Expert legal services in Andover, Hampshire, combining local insight with proactive solutions, clear communication, and transparent costs.

  • Local Expertise

    Offices in Andover, Hampshire, deeply connected with the community, providing tailored local legal expertise.
  • Proactive Approach

    Forward-thinking and innovative legal strategies, focusing on proactive solutions and modern approaches to law.
  • Clear Communication

    Easy, direct solicitor contact with jargon-free explanations, ensuring clarity and prompt responses in all communications
  • Transparent Costs

    Complete clarity on legal service costs, providing clients with upfront, understandable pricing for informed financial decision-making.

Client testimonials

  • We decided to use a local solicitor for our recent house sale and purchase. Despite it becoming a much more complex and pro longed matter. Christopher Taylor provided excellent service throughout his advice was clear and concise and he always found time to talk through options and next steps. He dealt very well with the less than helpful solicitors used by the other parties too. Highly recommend.

    Gareth Brown
  • I was looking for a firm to assist my mother, my sister and myself with the drafting of new wills. I am so pleased we chose this firm. Tom Maxted-Pettman put us all at ease, talked through our options in language we understood and arranged it all with the minimum of inconvenience to us. We got a highly professional service for a reasonable fee. I would recommend this firm to anybody needing legal assistance.

    Theresa Jackson
  • Thank you for all your support and advice over the last 24 months. It has been truly appreciated and you have all worked hard to make things as simple and painless as possible whilst maintaining my intention to keep things civil in order to preserve the best relationship for our daughter. Your support and guidance has been truly invaluable.

  • I instructed Julian Cole at short notice for some legal advice on a Settlement Agreement which was carried out swiftly, helpfully and efficiently. I was recommended you by a family friend and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone else enquiring.

    G Dible

Client we work with

  • Conveyancing quality scheme logo.
  • Resolution family lawyers logo.
  • The law society's national law management quality mark, lexcel logo.
  • Society of trust and estate practitioners logo.
  • Cilex Fellow logo.
  • Accredited litigator with the association of personal injury lawyers.
  • Cyber essentials logo.

Trustworthy Advice for Considering Your Negligence Claim Options

Trust us to offer you advice about your circumstances and provide you with an idea of your next steps for your claim. Call 01264 353411, email at or complete our online enquiry form.